A: You should be CREATIVE and a VISUAL thinker as well as possess:
- Ability to evaluate children’s content, providing creative direction for audience aligning with age, child development and reading levels regarding structure, clarity, consistency, plot, character development, motivation and message
- Talent to enhance readability with effective dialogue of age-appropriate vocabulary, comprehension and voice
- If desiring to work as an IBW fiction series editor, ability to maintain a series bible’s specs and series storytelling objectives
- If desiring to work as an IBW nonfiction series editor, ability to develop engaging informational and/or curriculum-driven content
Q: Do I send my resume now?
A: No, not at this time. [Return to question list.]
Q: How do I apply?
A: If all of the above is true about you, then, please complete the following process. We will read and respond to each application we receive. [Return to question list.]
CONTACT US IN THIS MANNER at Editors@IBW-Books.com:
In SUBJECT LINE: Last Name, First Name ~ EDITOR
EX: SMITH, JOHN ~ EDITOR
In the EMAIL TEXT, please expound on the following 10 topics. Brief 2-3 sentence answers are fine. Or, develop further to show more of your writing skills! Please number your responses accordingly. Yes, you may skip any questions you feel uncomfortable answering.
Your responses will help us determine if you would enjoy the IBW culture.
Please tell us about you! Tell us:
- About your passion (3-5 sentences)
- THREE facts about your writing/editing experience and/or your desire to be an editor (that you think most relevant for us to know)
- THREE of your best personal qualities (those which your friends and family say about you!)
- What about you makes you an amazing Editor
- THREE *fun* things to know about you (what you like and/or like to do, things you have accomplished, something you like to do with friends, family)
- TWO of your career goals
- TWO of your personal goals
- About your first mentor and the best advice you received
- About the teacher who most impacted your life, how/why
- About how you have been a mentor and what you believe was your impact